How Long Do Pit bulls Live?
How Long Do Pit bulls Live? Pitbulls are large, gentle, and affectionate animals that are great with children. They can be trained to do many tasks, such as fetch or safe yards.
Many people keep pitbulls as family members because they are loyal, Honest and caring. That’s what makes them so great as a pet. But like any other large animal, pitbulls have their physical limitations.
They need a larger home than a backyard full of smaller pets can provide. Some will live up to 15 years while others may live another 10 years. For some dogs, it’ll be the rest of their lives!
Most pit bulls live between 5 and 10 years old but some breeds endure longer lifespans than others. Here is how long do pitt bulls live? Read on to know more about this important fact!
How Long Do Pit bulls Live ive?
The lifespan of pitbulls is usually 10 or 15 years. However, there are some breeds that can live longer than the average. It’s a fact that the larger the dog, the shorter its lifespan.
But don’t get me wrong, Pitbulls are not considered as large dogs but they are still bigger than many other breeds. That may also be why their life expectancy is lower than other dogs!
What is the Average Lifespan of a Pitbull?
The average lifespan of a pit bull is about 12 to 15 years. But as mentioned above, there are some that can live longer than the average. So, it’s not really a rule!
How Long do American Pitbull Terriers live?
The average lifespan of an American Pitbull Terrier is 12 to 15 years. They are also one of the most common breeds in America and they have the same expectation of life as any other pitbull breed.
However, there are some that may live longer than the average. Some may even reach up to 20 years old!
How long do Staffordshire Bull Terriers live?
Staffordshire Bull terriers have a lifespan that ranges from 10 to 15 years old and they also fall under the category of large breeds. Some may even reach up to 17 or 18 years old but it’s rare!
Their size and weight make them more prone to health problems compared with other smaller breeds. So, they don’t always reach their full life expectancy because they get sick faster!
How Long do American Bulldogs Live?
American Bulldogs are another breed that can live up to 10 or 15 years old but like many others, there are those who will be lucky enough to go beyond their expected lifespan.
Some may even reach 16 or 17 years old but it’s very rare! They have a shorter life expectancy because of their size and weight; making them more susceptible to health problems compared with smaller dogs.
How to Train a Pitbull to Live Longer?
There are a lot of things you can do to help your pitbull live a longer, healthier life. One of the most important things you can do is to make sure you’re giving them the proper nutrition.
This means feeding them with high quality food that provides all the necessary nutrients for their body and mind. This will keep them in good health and young for a long time. The following are How to train a pit bull to live longer:
- Feed your dog a high quality food like Blue Buffalo.
- Keep your dog at a healthy weight.
- Exercise! Give your dog plenty of exercise and playtime to wear out its energy and release pent up stress.
- Keep an eye on the vet’s schedule for vaccinations, dental cleanings, etc.
- Proper training is the key to keeping your dog happy, healthy and obedient!
- Make sure that you are controlling it at all times when you take it outside; don’t let him run free or walk around without supervision.
- Try not to take him places where dogs are allowed because he may want to fight with them.
- Train him properly so he will listen to your commands; make sure that he knows how tall he is compared with other dogs.
- Don’t leave him unattended with children because he might hurt them accidentally.
- If you have another dog at home make sure they get along well; don’t leave them alone
Do Pitbulls Have Webbed Feet? You May Be Wondering This
How to Care for Your Pit Bull to Live Longer?
As with many animals, a young pit bull puppy needs attention the most. Parents shouldn’t be allowed to neglect their pit bull as they are desperately trying to survive as a unit. The following are How to Care for Your Pit Bull to Live Longer:
- Properly train your pit bull.
- Give it only high-quality food and water.
- Provide it with the proper shelter, which is a doghouse or a crate.
- Make sure that you visit a veterinarian for regular checkups and vaccinations for your dog.
- Don’t let him roam around without supervision; he might get lost or hurt by other animals or humans.
- Keep him away from children; they may want to play, but the pit bull may take it as an attack and hurt them.
- Make sure that you socialize him with other animals and people so that he will be well-adjusted.
- Don’t force him to fight with other dogs as this will make him aggressive
How To Groom Pitbulls to Live Longer?
Grooming pit bulls is important to keep them looking good and healthy. It also helps to build a better relationship with your dog. The following are How To Groom Pitbulls to Live Longer:
- Brush the coat of your pit bull regularly. It will remove the mats and tangles from his fur and make him look healthier.
- Bathe your pit bull regularly as well, but not too often as it can dry out his skin.
- Check for ticks and fleas on a regular basis.
- Trim his nails regularly.
- Clean his ears on a regular basis.
- Brush his teeth daily.
- Keep him away from harsh chemicals like insecticides and cleaners.
How To Feed Pitbulls to Live Longer?
It is very important that you feed your pit bull only fresh food, not leftovers or table scraps, which can make him sick or even kill him due to food poisoning or other health problems.
The following are How To Feed Pitbulls to Live Longer:
- Make sure that you feed him twice daily, once in the morning and once at night.
- Don’t overfeed him; this can lead to obesity.
- Feed your dog only high-quality food; do not give him scraps from the table.
- Feed him at the same time each day; this will help regulate his digestive system.
- Use a high-quality dog food with no by-products.
- Use fresh water; do not give him water that has been sitting out for a while.
- Do not feed your dog chicken bones or other bones that can splinter and cause an intestinal blockage.
- If you want to give your dog table scraps, make sure it is something that is safe for dogs to eat, such as cooked vegetables.
- Avoid giving him any human food that can be harmful to dogs.
- If you have any questions about what he can eat, consult with your veterinarian
How To Behave Around A Pitbull?
Pit bulls love people and are very friendly. They are also very loyal. They love to be around their human family members and like to be petted and cuddled.
However, due to their size, strength and power, they must be treated with respect at all times. You should never attempt to discipline a pit bull in the same way you would a Chihuahua or a Poodle.
The following are How To Behave Around A Pitbull:
- Always use a leash when walking him in public.
- Never leave him alone with small children.
- Do not allow small children to play roughly with him.
- Do not allow strangers to pet or play roughly with him.
- Never allow another dog or animal near him if he shows any signs of aggression.
Interesting Read: Why Does my Dog Pee After a Bath? Simple Tips For Preventio
How to Exercise a Pitbull to Live Longer?
Pit bulls love to run and play. They are very active dogs and need a lot of exercise every day. If you do not provide them with enough exercise, they will become bored and will start to get into trouble. There are a number of ways you can give your pit bull the exercise he needs:
- Take him for walks.
- Play ball or Frisbee with him.
- Take him to the dog park.
- Play tug-of-war with him.
- Teach him tricks such as how to shake hands.
- Train him to walk on a treadmill.
- Consider enrolling in an obedience class
How To Stop A Pitbull From Biting?
There is no sure way to stop a pit bull from biting. However, there are some things you can do to try and prevent this behavior:
- Socialise your pit bull puppy thoroughly.
- Enroll in an obedience class.
- Teach your pit bull good manners.
- If your dog does bite someone, contact the local animal control agency right away.
- Make sure that your dog is always wearing his collar and identification tags.
- Do not allow other dogs or animals near your dog if he shows any signs of aggression.